Nálaroth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the users to roleplay together in various settings, e.g. historical, fantasy, or sci-fi.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Register  Log inLog in  IRC channelIRC channel  

The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands

Go down 
+2
Frostmoon
ET8000
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
ET8000

ET8000

The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands Empty
PostSubject: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:12 am

OOC: Welcome to The Harsh Skies. Here, I'd hope to often be more descriptive than I usually am. Laughing
The RP is based on Dragons and other mythical creatures. Wolves are allowed.
The story revolves around the Dragon/other that you create and that of all the others. Hopefully they will meet up at some point, and journey to 'The new lands' - a place where the land is as it once was, unspoilt by the great fire.
Have fun.
Oh, and if you want to use your DrA dragon, post it in the database that I will make.
Pie -
Cheese -
Mango -
Go!

The egg lay on it's side, it's nest deserted.
Rain pattered on it's dark, stone-like shell.
The small dragon inside squeaked, calling out to any others who might be nearby.
It curled up, cold and alone, in the darkness of it's egg.
In the sky above, smoke from charred trees drifted lazily into the gray skies, smearing out against the moon.
Somewhere, a wolf howled.
A fallen tree sheltered a gathering of blue lizards.

All of them were looking for the New lands.
The journey had begun.

Back to top Go down
http://cookiepwee.tumblr.com
Frostmoon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:01 am

In a small enclosed cave, a egg shook.
A crack appeared on the left side of the egg and the egg started to roll to the left.
A larger crack appeared before the egg rolled into one of the walls and was forced open.
A small, blackened wing appeared out of the rubble of the egg and then the remains moved as a head popped out of the pile. The creature made a noise sounding like 'Gragahn'.
Its eye scanned the cave cautiously, and its eye rested on a black thing under him with claws on the end. The Dragon jumped back and the thing followed it intently. The dragon then tried biting it with his small mouth and squeezed hard enough to feel something strange. Pain. The dragon realized the thing must of been part of it and lifted his left claw up to examine it.
Back to top Go down
Deza

Deza

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 1:59 pm

A small creature was falling violently off a cliff. Rapidly descending the Dargon ( not a misspelling) attempted to unfurl its wings. Slowly the green leathery wings emerged, slowing the Dargons speed considerably. Using all his might the Dargon managed to stop the decent. Gliding at a more steady pace to a nearby ledge the youngling quickly rested itself before making the journey upwards towards the nest.
Back to top Go down
ET8000

ET8000

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:32 am

The small dragon pushed it's nose up against the shell, curiously.
A small bit fell away, and the hatchling squealed as sunlight drifted inside.
Sniffing around the edge, she pressed her small head out of the hole, turning in a curious full circle, then dissapearing again.
She sniffed at the fresh air.
Slowly over a number of minutes, she elarged the hole.
The egg leaned forward, and the hatchling squealed as it fell in it's side.

Last edited by ET8000 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TordTorden

TordTorden

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:33 am

A small strip of light shone into the egg, lighting up the dragon.
He sniffed in the sweet air of the forest. But there was a scent that shouldn't be there. The leaves on the trees slowly waved in the wind, and everything was peaceful.
"Meep!" was the only sound he was able to make. "Meeeeep!" he squeaked again.
He decided to get out of the small space he was stuck in, so he began to push on the shell. Slowly but sturdy, the hole got bigger and the dragon was able to push it's head out. Suddenly he was pushed against the side, and the trees flew past him. Or was it him flying past the trees? He had no idea. The drago heard aloud roar of pain, and then just silence. With a effort, the dragon crawled out of it's shell. He immedleaty hit the ground, and leaves and dirt sticked to him. He tried to shake them off, but without success, so he just let the be there. Slowly he moved against the place he had heard the sound. His blue shells were shining in the sun, and his ebony white teeth flashed when the sun shone on them.
He eventually reached an open spot in the forest, and there lay a blue body. But it wasn't all blue, there was red stripes which there ran blood from.
The dragons mother.
Back to top Go down
ET8000

ET8000

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:40 am

The Dark Dragon's stone-like egg fell from the ledge it hat been perched on.
The hatchling felt a crack as the egg smashed on a boulder, and bits of black shell bounced off nearby trees.
She kept flying forwards, however, before slamming inot the back of another creature.
Giving a shocked 'MEEP!' she froze, looking at it with wide eyes.
Back to top Go down
TordTorden

TordTorden

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:50 am

He looked at the dragon which had hit him. Black with brown bits. A female. He just felt it. "Meeeoph!" he squeaked. He jumped a little away, and looked atthe other dragon. "Dangerous?" he asked with his mind. He was suprised about his ability to talk with his mind.
Back to top Go down
ET8000

ET8000

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:53 am

The small Dark Dragon remained frozen, curled into a slight ball with her yellowy-orange eyes snining like orbs at him.
She made a faint sqeaking shound when he 'spoke' to her.
It wasn't so much a word as an understanding... she didn't know what he said, they just... fit, like their minds connected yet stayed the same.
No.
Back to top Go down
Frostmoon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 11:15 am

- Magma Cave -
The small dragon hatchling walked over to a corner and closed the dark, glowing red eyes. He fell asleep. Two Larger dragons walked into the Cave.
"He is... smaller then I expected" The first one grumbled.
"You cannot expect him to be large now can you?" The other replied calmly.
"Sti-" He began, think heard a shriek from a dragon outside. He flew out and charged at the dragon that disturbed him. The other dragon growled. A fourth dragon jumped from above the cave and its teeth sank into the female dragons neck. She wailed then breathed fire on the other dragon, burning him before slumping to the ground. The other dragoned then roared in pain and tried to fly away to water, but burned to ashes just as he got to the water. The other Dark Dragon roared in anguish and brutally attacked the other dragon with waves of Magma coming from his mouth. Another dragon jumped at him. The dragon which was being fought was driven into the water, rendering his magma useless. He then noticed something coming behind him and flicked the smaller dragon away with his tail and then turned to burn it. The Dragon in the water jumped on the back the darker Dragon and scratched his harder scales. The Dark 'One' snapped at him before grabbing the dragon on his black with his maw, threw him into a tree then sent a ball of Molten Magma at him which was avoided by inches. The fourth Dragon then grabbed the Dark Ones tail and received another ball of Magma. Then the larger dragon was suddenly pushed over when the dragon which he thought he had burnt threw himself at the Larger dragon.
He was about to flick the dragon away before he noticed a mortal wound.
"Impossible..." He hissed before falling to the ground with a loud noise.
The two dragons muttered something before flying away from the fallen dragon.
Back to top Go down
TordTorden

TordTorden

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:29 pm

The Forest

He sat there and watched the other dragon. She wasn't dangerous, he knew that much.
"Squeeeak!" he said. The black dragon looked at him with curious eyes. He tried to stand up, and managed to do it. Wobbling he began to walk around. Suddenly he heard a sound from a nearby bush. The dragon walked up to the bush, and attacked the creature in it. He managed to catch it in his mouth, and he swallowed it.
"That was... Good!" he said to the other dragon. "We should get more of these, what do you think?"
Back to top Go down
ET8000

ET8000

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:32 pm

The small, melon-sized Dark Dragon walked over to the other one curiously, and gave him a nuzzle.
Okay. Hungry.
Back to top Go down
TordTorden

TordTorden

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:39 pm

"Yes. We, hunt, together," said the Male dragon, and he wandered off with the female into the forest. Like this the kept hunting small creatures until the evening. After the whole day, they both had grown bigger and stronger. But still they were small and unexperienced.
"What i call you?" asked the male dragon, when they lay down on some soft grass.
Back to top Go down
ET8000

ET8000

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:42 pm

The female dragon sneesed and huddled next to the male one.
She gave him a short nuzzle and made a soft grolw-purring noise.
Espik.
Back to top Go down
TordTorden

TordTorden

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Espiki... thought the male for himselves. I need a name too. What about Qwerty? Nah, too random. I, I need to think a little on this one. What about? Yeah i like that. He purred back to Espik, and nuzzled her too.
"You can call me Ther," said Ther and he purred again.
Back to top Go down
ET8000

ET8000

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Espik squeaked happily and pounced on her new friend, nuzzling him.
Then she stopped, looking concerned.
We have no home. Mother always said about 'The new lands'... I don't know where she is. Since I came out of the hard-hard she is gone.
Back to top Go down
TordTorden

TordTorden

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:56 pm

"What is a mother? And what is 'The new lands?'" asked Ther. Espik knew so much, he thought. And she was so... So... He couldn't set his claw at it, but it was something good about her.
Back to top Go down
Frostmoon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:57 pm

The baby dragon opened his glowing red and and rose after scanning the room.
He stepped over to the entrance to the cave and saw two bodies. He rushed over to his mother. "Gragha...?" He squealed.
He went to check on his father who was barely breathing.
"Narkal..." He muttered, before his head fell to the floor and he stopped breathing.
Back to top Go down
ET8000

ET8000

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:01 pm

OOC: Fail.

-Forest-

Espik mumbled and rubbed Ther's nose with her own.
Mother is one who makes dark-dark we come from. She look after. She gone. New land is a place where the big-big flame did not harm the land. A big-big valley with many-many foods. Like those little fluffies you found.
Back to top Go down
TordTorden

TordTorden

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:16 pm

"Yeah, fluffies taste good," said Ther. Espik knew so much... He thought. She even remembered her mother. Slowly Ther was starting to feel sleepy. He didn't understand that feeling, but eventually he fell asleap laying against Espik.
That night he dreamt about his mother, with the same blue shells as he had. She had never spoke to him, never felt her love. He was a half dragon, not seen a grown up female at the start of his life. That was what he was... A halfling.
Back to top Go down
ET8000

ET8000

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Espik nuzzled Ther in her waking half-sleep.
She spoke to him, dreamily.
We will make it together.
She put her small head on top of his, in an attempt to keep him warm.
Back to top Go down
TordTorden

TordTorden

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:25 pm

OOC: This is getting good ^^

The Forest

"Morning," said Ther when he woke up. "What should we do today? Eat more thingies? I like this place," asked Ther. He rubbed his nose against Espik's and yawned. Now he knew what he felt. He really like Espik. She was the first creature he met, and she had been so nice to him.
Back to top Go down
Frostmoon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:29 pm

- ???? -

The dragon huffed smoke angrily.
Why... if... i get my... claws... on... the... monsters that did... this... He thought Darkly.
He walked off away from the cave and his dead dragons into a forest. Vowing revenge to himself. He walked though the forest and then find a small hollow tree he could fit in, checked it to make sure it was safe and then squeezed into it and curled into a comfortable position.
Back to top Go down
ET8000

ET8000

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:03 pm

Espik rubbed her head down his head and what could have been the start of his neck.
Maybe... but what about finding the place mother told me of? She said 'follow the one in the sky that in moring and dark-dark, it does not move'.
She looked at the fading stars, her angular tail patting Ther's face.
Back to top Go down
TordTorden

TordTorden

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:08 pm

"Why not?" said Ther. He liked this place, but if a mother had told them that 'The new place was better' they should get there.
"But how do we get there? Walking is slow, it will take long time..." sighed Ther.
"But i guess it's the only way," he said, and rubbed Espiks neck too.
Back to top Go down
ET8000

ET8000

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:13 pm

Espik nuzzled him back.
Maybe there will be others? She suggested.
She jumped onto a log that bridged a narrow ravine.
A few splinters of dead wood fell into the seemingly bottomless crack.
Coming?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands   The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands Empty

Back to top Go down

The Harsh Skies I - Journey to the new lands
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next